This guidance provides recommendations and instructions to assist persons submitting cosmetic product facility registrations and product listings to FDA. This guidance document explains, among other things:
- The statutory requirement to submit cosmetic product facility registrations and product listings;
- Who is responsible for making the submissions;
- What information to include in the submissions;
- How to make the submissions; and
- When to make the submissions.
FDA’s guidance documents, including this guidance, do not establish legally enforceable responsibilities. Instead, guidances describe our current thinking on a topic and should be viewed only as recommendations, unless specific regulatory or statutory requirements are cited. The use of the word should in FDA guidances means that something is suggested or recommended, but not required.