The Union Pharmacovigilance Database (EVV) project has also considerably progressed its delivery activities and is on schedule to deliver a robust system compliant with the legislative requirements.
Since January, national competent authorities have progressed with the preparation of the product data held in their national systems. Timely completion of these mapping activities is key to start submitting legacy data on veterinary medicinal
products into the UPD in summer 2021, in line with the timeline . The multi-stakeholder governance of the VMP-Regprogramme recognises the challenges for NCAs associated with upload of comprehensive and highquality product data into the UPD, but considers this pivotal for the success of the programme.
EMA is supporting the mapping efforts via dedicated webinars, troubleshooting session, and supportive mapping activities performed by the Agency.
Delivery of the Union Product Database (UPD) and the Union Pharmacovigilance Database (EVV) is advancing, with the second iterative version of the UPD released on 16 March —
- Development of the Union Pharmacovigilance Database (EVV) is advancing.
Work packages currently under development include:
• work on the signal management process;
- • further development of the messaging platform, including completion of the functionality allowing automatic recoding of substances in adverse event reports received in EVV;
- • further development of EVWEB component, providing a web user interface;
- • development of further reports in the DataWarehouse (DWH).